Friday, April 3, 2009

Gene Ween Band Rock Poster # 1

I just finished my first concert poster design for the Gene Ween Band. I have been a fan of Ween for years, and they are Philly boys too. So you can imagine how siked I was to hear from their manager for two poster designs. They gave me free reign over the imagery. Initially, I was going to look at a bunch of rock poster art for reference, but decided not to. I decided that if they want my work affiliated with the music, then it should look like MY work. So I opted for this guitar-playing iguana. I will be posting another design in the next few days of a poster for the band's Boston show on April 15.

3 comments:

Lindsy said...

Awesome Jeff! Great bands choose great artists, great artists choose great bands!

my word verification was "ficmo"

ficmo this.

philadelph-eli said...

This is great, sir! I've always wondered how an iguana would look playing a guitar. Thank you for solving one of life's great mysteries.

Ms. Jenny said...

It looks awesome Jeffro!!!!!