Wednesday, September 16, 2009

BBQing with Scottish Artist David Galletly

My friend and fellow artist Concetta had some esteemed guests in town this week, Scottish artist David Galletly and his lady, Alex. We were lucky enough to have our schedules line up to throw together a small, impromptu BBQ last night in Fishtown. It was  a great night. We talked about art, music, healthcare and sharks. There seemed to be a lot of shark conversation going on for some reason.  I'm not sure if it's because I've been getting Shark Week DVDs from Netflix, or because Alex is frightened and fascinated by sharks.  Nonetheless, it was a great night.  My buddy Digby came over. We had some decent hamburgers, corn and slow cooked collards. 

I bought this "Juggler" piece from Dave with my government stimulus money a while back.

Dave and his lady, Alex

"Live EVERY WEEK like it's SHARK WEEK!" - Tracey Jordan

No comments: