Monday, October 6, 2008

Fishtown Neighbors Association Logo

Recently, I won a local contest to design a logo for the Fishtown Neighbors Association. I love my neighborhood and have a great deal of pride from living here my whole life. There were certain words that needed to be shown (the name, initials and website), but the rest was all up to the designer.

When designing logos, I always try to take a minimalist approach, boiling the idea down to the bare minimum of lines. My favorite logo designer is Saul Bass (Warner Brothers, Quaker Oats, United Airlines, Girl Scouts, United Way). He's great with the concept of "branding".

I also still wanted to have some of my own flavor to this logo, keeping a gritty, shaky line. So here was the final product:It's not perfect, but I'm pretty happy with it and happy to represent the neighborhood.

No comments: