Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Sketches of Fishtown # 87 - Music Fountain Cafe

As many folks know, I am touchy about the subject of gentrification in the neighborhood to say the least. However, I have to give Bob Murphy credit for having faith in this neighborhood long before the real estate boom. I hope more unique, small, family friendly businesses like this open up in Fishtown.

Once again, I've used my niece Erin as a model for one of these issues. This is, however, the first time I used my niece and Goddaughter Kacey. I never used her before because my brother's family moved outside the neighborhood years ago, and she hasn't been around as much these past few years. But Kace has been spending a lot more time with us lately and hangs out a lot with her cousin on the weekends. So we're very happy to have her back in the neighborhood.

Also, I want to give a heads up to Brian Potash over at DevilFish Ink, who designed the Music Fountain Cafe logo pictured here. Brian is a great designer and has his hands in all kinds of art and music. I'm glad to have him as a buddy and a resource to consult with.

Also, Roger Petersen, a close buddy and artist capable of just about any artistic feat, was hired to paint the logo on the wall in the parlor.

No comments: